Friday, September 11, 2015

My Food Blog

    Hi i'm Abby and for my blog i'm going to be doing a cooking\baking blog. For this weeks blog I made a homemade chocolate cake and it was so delicious! Next week I'm going to post a video! Anyways this week I'm going to be telling you about why I love to bake and a little bit about the cake that I made this week.


    First as I said I'm going to be telling you why I love cooking and baking so so much. My first reason is  I love a challenge! An example of that was when I made the chocolate cake on Friday because it was my first time making a cake from scratch! But now that I've done it before and I consider it easy. On the other hand making breakfast is not the most easy for me, like burritos and poached eggs. Another reason that I love cooking and baking so much is (I know this is not the best reason but its true) I love cooking shows! I think that there so much fun to watch, and they inspire me in so many ways! Also they inspire to to be the best that I can be! The final reason I love cooking is because of the art: you may not think art goes into cooking  at all, but it does. An example of that is you have to plate your food nicely so it doesn't look like a total wreck and cooking is an all around art. Those are the main reasons I love cooking so much.

   My next topic for this blog is about the cake i made on Friday. It was a homemade 100% coco cake. It's my Nana's recipe. It included eggs, flour, sugar, vanilla, Hershey;s coco powder, baking soda, baking powder, veggie oil, and water, and that"s just for the main cake part. After you mix all those ingredients together, you'll scrape it into a 9x13 pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Now onto the frosting! The frosting i used for the cake has been in my family for many, many years. Therefore, it's only made out of four ingredients. That includes sugar, vanilla, shortening, and evaporated milk. Once you put the correct amount of each ingredient into the mixing bowl, use a hand mixer, to mix it all together. Once you're finished with the frosting, and your cake is ready, you can frost it with as much as you want because the recipe gives you more than you need. Just wait until the cake is cooled before you frost it or the cake will melt your frosting.

   See you next week on my food blog. :)


12 comments:

  1. i really liked how much description you put in it

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really liked how much description you put in it

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you put lots of detail in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you put lots of detail in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You included great detail, nice job! and that sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You included great detail, nice job! and that sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice details. sounds good to eat. good paragraphs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a great job of giving us a nice introduction to your blog. I like how you stated your topic and why you where going to do it. It really gives the reader an idea about you. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did a great job of giving us a nice introduction to your blog. I like how you stated your topic and why you where going to do it. It really gives the reader an idea about you. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. MMMMMM! Know I'm hungry! I think that was fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. MMMMMM! Know I'm hungry! I think that was fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Abby oh Abby now I am going to bake a cake. Loved how in gadding your blog was and the ending was perfect.

    ReplyDelete